2021 Fluvax Now Available
Posted on April 22, 2021All Announcements
As part of the 2021 Annual Influenza Program free flu vaccination is available for people who are at greater risk of disease and developing complications if they get the flu.
The free flu vaccine is available for:
- all pregnant women (any trimester)
- people six months of age or older with the following underlying chronic medical conditions:
- cardiac disease,
- chronic respiratory conditions, including severe asthma
- chronic neurological conditions that impact on respiratory function, including hereditary and degenerative central nervous system diseases and seizure disorders
- immunocompromising conditions , including immunocompromised due to disease or treatment
- diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- renal disease
- haematological disorders, including haemoglobinopathies
- children aged six months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy who are at increased risk of Reye syndrome following influenza infection.
- all children aged six months to less than five years of age
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- all people aged 65 years and over
Can I have the flu vaccine at the same time as a COVID-19 vaccine?
For most people, the recommended minimum interval between a dose of seasonal flu vaccine and a dose of either of the currently approved COVID-19 vaccines (Pfizer/BioNTech and AstraZeneca) is 14 days either side of the flu vaccine. Speak to your GP for more information.